Friday, June 21, 2013

Developing My Style... Or Trying to...

I have a difficult time drawing anything but realistic. I really want to tackle diversity, be able to do many styles. Currently my most major crutch is I cannot drawing from my head. Sure  I can make stuff up, but I must look at a reference for the basic form first. 

Also, I want to develop my own style for sketches. Drawings that aren't necessarily accurate, proportional wise, but do have a quaintness or appeal to them. 
So here's what I've been up to the last few days. (I've been stuck inside with a sprained ankle, with orders not to walk about.) 
*sigh* I used a reference to get the profile right.


Based off of a drawing I saw that I loved the look of. 

Crosshatching with marker does not really work. However it was fun to try!

This was also based off a drawing I saw, I just loved the pose!
Another drawing I liked and redrew

Anne of Green Gables inspired

Another lovely drawing I wanted to redraw. 
Well, I'll let you know how the development of my style goes, so far I'm just learning what I like about the styles of other artists and I'll end up applying said styles into my future art.


No comments:

Post a Comment