Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mail Art

What have I been up too?

I've been spreading summer cheer through a little devise know as mail. :) I had some friends who wanted to write back and forth and I promised myself I would be an awesome penpal. (because *cough* I've failed at it in the past....)

Anyways, step one of being an awesome penpal was sending mail to some people who didn't expect it at all. (after I wrote the ones who did expect it of course) They don't have to write me back, I just wanted to send some cheer. :)

Step two, was to write in cursive. Which my family knows: I don't write in cursive. After "handwriting" was no longer a school subject I ditched cursive for print. I do everything (besides my signature) in print. Well not for letter writting, I decided to try writting in cursive, it makes the letter more warm and personal. (Though annoying at times. Thus my print/cursive hybrid style of cursive)

Step three was to make it meaningful on a spiritual level. Write about what I've been learning in devotions, what God's been teaching me, and/or a scripture that I'm memorising or is meaningful.
(More info on this type of letter writing here:
http://royal-daughters-of-the-king.blogspot.com/2011/10/encouraging-others-through-letter.html )

Step four, was to tuck in a little item. Origami, a piece of gum, some tea bags, etc.

Filth, decorate! I started with simple doodles, then I went  for my prismacolor pens, then for my colored pencils, then we had these awesome glitter glue things from our church vbs. (and the little girl in me went "glitter!!!") So they became little canvases for my creativity to explode upon. (I did 11 envelopes in 2-3days)



Glitter!
Front of some letters

Back of some letters



Ready to go!




Can you see the glitter?

I'm memorizing verses in both English and Spanish





Like I said, I've done 11 envelopes, but I've only sent these six, so you'll have to wait till I've mailed them. I don't want to ruin any surprises!


No comments:

Post a Comment