Monday, July 22, 2013

My Redwall Obsession

 When I was eleven I had a "small" obsession with Redwall series. I watched the TV series weekly, and when I was around twelve I started reading the books. (I attribute my sword fighting admiration to Narnia and Redwall.) I had some friends who lived across the street from my old house and we would act out Mattimeo, based off of the TV show. (My three main parts were Matthias, Mattimeo, and Warbeak.) We had props and everything.

Redwall Matthias Tribute (Watch it! ;) )


Anyways... Here's the reason for this post. I found my Redwall notebook the other day with drawings of the TV characters.There was more, But I'll post another day. :) I plan to revive this old thing. Take out the drawings and cut out the hand writing, put it in a new book with some quotes and childhood memories of Redwall. Maybe I'll do a fresh drawing.

All these drawings were done when I was around 11

















If you want to see a little about what my ten year old self was so crazy about, check out any of the following clips. Their portions of the first episodes of the three different series. I believe you can watch the entire series on Youtube. (and if I didn't have a ton of stuff to do I would go watch Redwall right now.)








No comments:

Post a Comment